Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2042WD-I IR PoE Network Security Outdoor Mini Bullet Camera 4mm Lens9/10 (Expert Score)
Up to 4 megapixel high resolution; Full HD1080p video; Dual stream; 4mm/6mm fixed lens; 120dB Wide Dynamic Range; 3D Digital Noise Reduction; Backlight Compensation; DC12V & PoE; Support H.264+; Up to 30m IR range; 3-axis adjustment; IP67 weather-proof protection; Metallic housing & bracket
- 1/3" progressive-scan CMOS sensor for up to 2688 x 1520 video resolution
- Dual video streaming for maximizing bandwidth usage
- 4mm fixed focal lens provides an 83° horizontal field of view
- Wide dynamic range allows you to capture clear images in ambient lighting
- 3D DNR effectively filters noise from the image, even in low-light scenarios
- Backlight compensation and saturation, brightness, contrast, and sharpness image settings
- IR LEDs provide up to 98.4' of night vision for use at all times
- Motion detection, network disconnect, and tampering will trigger an alarm
- Security features such as flash-prevention, password protection, and privacy masking
- Can be powered via 12 VDC or standard PoE for convenience
- ONVIF-compliant for compatibility with a wide range of surveillance devices
- IP66 weather-proof housing protects the camera from inclement weather for use outdoors
The 4MP Outdoor Mini Bullet Camera from Hikvision features a 1/3" progressive-scan CMOS sensor for up to 2688 x 1520 resolution at 20 fps. The camera can also achieve 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720 resolutions at 30 fps for full HD video in real time. Equipped with a 4mm fixed lens, the camera can capture an 83° maximum field of view for a wide coverage area. Additionally, the camera's lens is surrounded by IR LEDs, providing up to 98.4' of night vision in complete darkness. Image enhancements such as WDR, backlight compensation, and 3D DNR allow you to capture clear images in ambient light for use in a variety of environments. PoE technology enables you to run just one wire for both data and power, for a simple and easy setup, and H.264 video compression conserves bandwidth usage for fast transmissions. This device is ONVIF-compliant for compatibility with a wide range of surveillance devices, and it is IP66-rated for weatherproof protection.
|Image Sensor:||1/3" Progressive Scan CMOS|
|Min. Illumination:||0.01Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON), 0 Lux with IR|
|Shutter time:||1/3 s to 1/100,000 s|
|Lens:||4mm, 6mm @ F2.0, Angle of view: 83°(4mm) , 55.4°(6mm)|
|Day& Night:||IR cut filter with auto switch|
|Wide Dynamic Range:||120 dB|
|Digital noise reduction:||3D DNR|
|H.264 code profile:||Main Profile|
|Video bit rate:||32Kbps~16Mbps|
|Max. Image Resolution:||2688 × 1520|
|Frame Rate:||50Hz: 20fps (2688×1520), 25fps(1920×1080), 25fps(1280×720)
60Hz: 20fps (2688×1520), 30fps (1920×1080), 30fps(1280×720)
|Sub Stream:||50Hz: 25fps(352×288),25fps(640×360)
|Image Settings:||Rotate Mode, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness adjustable by client software or web browser|
|BLC:||Yes, zone configurable|
|Network Storage:||NAS (Support NFS,SMB/CIFS)|
|Alarm Trigger:||Face Detection,Line Crossing, Intrusion Detection, Motion detection, Dynamic analysis, Tampering alarm, Network disconnect , IP address conflict, Storage exception|
|Protocols:||TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, RTP, RTSP, RTCP, PPPoE, NTP, UPnP, SMTP, SNMP, IGMP, 802.1X, QoS, IPv6, Bonjour|
|General Function:||One-key reset, Anti-Flicker, heartbeat, mirror, password protection, privacy
mask, Watermark, IP address filtering
|System Compatibility:||ONVIF (Profile S, Profile G),ISAPI|
|Communication Interface:||1 RJ45 10M / 100M Ethernet interface|
|Operating Conditions:||-30 °C ~ 60 °C (-22 °F ~ 140 °F)
Humidity 95% or less (non-condensing)
|Power Supply:||12 VDC ± 25%, PoE (802.3af Class3)|
|Power Consumption:||Max. 5W|
|IR Range:||Up to 30m|
|Dimensions:||70×154.2×60.5 mm (2.8” × 6.2” × 2.4”)|
hikvision 4mp camera unboxing - DS-2CD2042WD-I
Today we are unboxing the Hikvision 4MP camera Pricing: http://amzn.to/2kSlqP1 Other Hikvision products: http://amzn.to/2e4GMrH If you have any computer ...
Hikvision DS 2CD2042WD I Sample Footage (Day and Night)
In this video, we showcase some sample footage taken from a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I during typical day and night scenes. This mini-bullet camera is part ...
- Out of the box: The camera IP address is set to 192.168.1.64 (verified using the most recent version of SADP). You can use the web base GUI (if your computer IP is set to 192.168.1.x) to set the camera up just as easily as using the SADP software which can be finicky. Some items, such as platform access, are enabled by default and allow communications to outside services as soon as the camera is activated that you may not want or need (or expect for that matter).
- Connectivity: Cameras area easily added to HikVision iVMS-4200 (locally) and HikVision iVMS-4500 on mobile devices (I use no-ip DDNS service which is supported by all of the Hik-Vision cameras and my router and I have setup port forwarding as needed on my network for all cameras). Easily pulled the cameras into my Homeseer system and Blue Iris DVR software. You can also use Synesis ONVIF Device Manager on all of HikVision cameras.
- Pros: Where to start, the camera will send emails, upload to my FTP/Web server, store directly to my NAS, allow motion detection zones and privacy masks. Using HikVision's iVMS-4500 I can view all of my cameras on every mobile device I have. I have had some of my HikVision cameras running for several years with absolutely no issues. The image on these cameras are superb with full HD1080p video and picture resolution of 2688x1520.
- Cons: This is not a US camera so HikVision US most likely will not support it. Based on the serial number it has a WR (World/multilanguage) region code, so the firmware may be able to be upgraded (still trying to find a good source on the WR and firmware). I put this as a Con because without support you cannot upgrade the firmware, or at best you can upgrade to a questionable firmware (of course you could brick the camera if you do that). This is a security issue that you need to be aware of, there are no updates. The camera has platform access for Hik-connect but I have been unable to find the camera verification code to add any of the cameras (Not really a Con for me since iVMS-4500 works, but good to know going in). Since the cameras is not US, there is no UL sicker which is needed for commercial installation.
- Final thoughts: If you understand basic network settings, port forwarding on your equipment, how to use Google and read pages of post for answers, and don't mind figuring things out, then this is a great camera. If you want tech support and guaranteed firmware updates, then this may not be the route you want. I would prefer a US model so I could keep the firmware updated but the distributors for HikVision US only sell to installers, not the end user. IMO, until HikVision US changes their marketing plan these grey market cameras will continue to dominate.
Specification: Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2042WD-I IR PoE Network Security Outdoor Mini Bullet Camera 4mm Lens
|Internal Storage (GB)|
|Video Compression Format|