Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision 2-Way Audio Works with Alexa8/10 (Expert Score)
Use the Wyze Cam v2’s new Motion Tagging feature to easily identify motion in both live stream and playback video modes. Plus, you can add an 8GB, 16GB or 32GB microSD card (sold separately) to enable continuous recording and schedule custom time lapse videos, and use 2-way audio to talk and listen through your Wyze Cam v2. Use the Wyze App to manage and view multiple cameras, share your cameras with other users, view alert videos, and record and share photos and videos directly from the app. With its small size, magnetic base, and flexible 3-axis design, the Wyze Cam v2 can go anywhere you need it.
- Works with Alexa: Ask Alexa to show your front door, kid's room, or anywhere else you have your Wyze Cam
- 1080p full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night with night vision (up to 30 feet away). Works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)
- Motion Tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes. Operating system supports ios 8.0 and android 5.0 or later. Night Vision has four Infrared leds 850 nm with ir cut filter and illuminates up to 29.6 feet
- Motion and sound detection with free rolling 14-day cloud storage. Use the Wyze App (iOS and Android) to manage and share multiple cameras
- Magnetic base, 6-foot power cable and included adhesive metal plate let you mount your Wyze Cam anywhere - no screws required
2.8mm focal length. 110º wide angle lens. Enhanced 1/2.7″ CMOS sensor. 1920×1080 (1080p) full HD video. 8x digital zoom. Night vision up to 30 feet. Wyze Cam v2 delivers clear, crisp live stream footage to your smartphone, day or night, so you can see every detail, even at 8x digital zoom.
Wyze Cam v2 works with Alexa. Control Wyze Cam v2 with your voice by saying, "Alexa, show me the Living Room" to view a live stream from your camera.
Wyze Cam v2 can automatically record a 10-15 second alert video when it detects motion or sound. Videos are securely uploaded to the Amazon AWS Cloud via end-to-end encryption and are accessible for 14 days – no subscription plan required.
With its small size, magnetic base, included adhesive metal plate, and flexible 3-axis design, the Wyze Cam v2 can go anywhere you need it - no screws required.
Wyze Cam v2’s Motion Tagging technology detects and highlights motion, making it easier to identify moving objects.
NEWEST Smart Home Camera Wyze Cam 1080p HD Wireless Alexa Enabled
AMAZON LINK: https://amzn.to/2vAhOIB #smarcam, #camapp, #home, #security, #surveilance Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with ...
Unboxing Honeywell Lryic C2 Wi-Fi Security Camera
Here is an unboxing video of Honeywell's Lyric c2 wi-fi security camera. This DIY home security camera comes with several smart features to help secure your ...
- --Incredibly easy setup. You just install the app on your phone, plug the camera in, push a button on the bottom, and then point the camera at a QR code the displays on your phone. Then you are prompted to enter the password for your wifi, and that's it. It literally takes 1 minute to set up, with no messing around with firewalls, routers, ports, etc. There are voice prompts, played from the speaker on the camera, that guide you through the process. It's an absolute breeze.
- --Image quality is very good. It looks to me like 720p HD video. On my network it streams in full motion at a nice high frame rate. There's none of the jerky low frame rate video that I get from some of my other cameras. Color reproduction is quite good.
- --The camera includes both a microphone and a speaker, so you can listen in on the location of the camera, and/or speak through the camera. Speaker quality is what you would expect from a speaker that is less than an inch in diameter. But it works! The microphone is FAR better than the microphone on any of the Foscam/Wansview cameras that I've used in the past. On those you would have to be shouting in order to be heard. The Wyze camera picks up even faint sounds in the room.
- --I LOVE the magnetic base! You can stick this thing to any ferrous metal surface, and it stays stuck. At the moment mine is hanging from the bottom of an air duct pipe in my basement. Just go into the app on the phone, tell it to invert the image, and you are all set! It really is slick, and is something that more camera manufacturers should do.
- --The motiion detection is simple and reliable. It can be tuned from highly sensitive (triggerrs when my cat walks across the basement floor) to low sensitivity (my wife would have to walk in front of it). Upon triggering, a ~10 second video is captured and uploaded to the cloud. An optional push notification is sent to your phone. And you can go into the app and watch the recording.
- --Night vision mode is decent, but not outstanding. There is a single IR LED for low light illumination. They state a night vision range of "up to 30 feet". That's pushing it. But 15-20 feet seems to be no problem at all. It certainly covers a room with no problem.
- --The price. How can you beat a $20 camera that simply exceeds every expectation that I had? After reading about this camera online, and reading some reviews, I decided to order on on the spur of the moment just to test it out. Yeah, at this price point you really have no reason NOT to buy one as an impulse purchase. I received mine in 2 days. But the day after ordering, they went on 1-2 month back order. Apparently they are as popular as they deserve to be. Despite the backorder, I'll be placing an order for a couple more before the end of the day.
- --None that are really noteable.
- --The app doesn't always update the list of recorded motion detection video clips. If you close the app, and reopen it, they show up in the list. But that's software, and will undoubtedly be updated in the very near future.
- --Unlike many of the other cameras in the house, this one doesn't support pan/tilt. But for the price, who cares? The Wyze has a nice wide field of view. They are stackable. So if you spend $60 you can stack three of them and have a full 360 degree view for less then the price of one camera that does pan/tilt. And the Wyze will have better image quality
- --No idea what its environmental tolerances are. I know that it's not weatherproof. But if I put one in my unheated garage, in upstate NY, is it going to survive the cold? Who knows? But heck, for $20 it might be worth just trying it to see what happens!
- My wife was skeptical when I told her that I'd ordered a $20 high def camera as a candidate to replace some of the other cameras that we have in the house. But 20 minutes after plugging it in, configuring it, and playing with it, she said "WE NEED MORE OF THESE!!!"
- So, in summary, I just can't recommend this camera highly enough. I know my web cams. I've worked with, and owned, a lot of them over the years. I'm an experienced IT professional who is constantly tinkering with new technology. I'm not a casual user. And this is now my favorite web-enabled camera. Ignore the low price. It has NO correlation to the quality of the product. Just buy one.
Specification: Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision 2-Way Audio Works with Alexa
|Internal Storage (GB)|
|Video Compression Format|